Monday, September 1, 2008

The highlight of our SUMMER!!!! Karter Mathew Casperson!!!!




On May 24th of 1985 I recieved on of the greatest gift from my brother that I would ever recieve... A NIECE.... little did I know she would be so much more to me than just a niece, she would become one of my very best friends and the other half of my brain. When Laci was just nine I went with her to Sawyer Brown concert, we waited for hours in the back just to let her get their autographs. Laci would come stay with me every summer for a week or so one of my favorites was when she came with a friend early in her teenage years and we would watch big brother together.. I know not such a great show, but I've been hooked ever since. We have had many memories.. some of my favorites are Lagoon, card playing with her and mckell for hours and sometimes days(we knew how to cheat huh Lac)Of course New York(that story will be for a later blog) and staying up for hours just talkin with Laci, but my most favorite to date is what happened this summer. I would call Laci everyday hoping this little guy was on his way, but when the call came in on June 17th we packed up Grandma Walkers car and Me, JJ, Janeene, Grandma, Lakyn, and Lesli headed to Idaho.
When we got there her doctor had decided to make her go home and wait a while. Well for the next sixty hours we waited.... So we filled the time with memories and fun. Matt took me, JJ, Lakyn, Laci and Janeene to the river to jump in. Matt, JJ and I were the only ones to jump in or fall in, in my case but it was good times.


Then finally that night Laci was able to stay at the hospital, we all stayed the night at the hospital hoping it would be soon, but our little Karter decided to wait til almost 2:00 the next day. It was worth the wait to be there with Laci and Matt. What a wonderful experience to share with the family. I love you Laci and am so grateful to have you be a part of my life each day!

1 comment:

Matt and Laci said...

THANKS ALOT I HAVE BEEN CRYING ALL DAY AND THIS JUST MADE IT WORSE!! I love you Aunt Jo!!!! Thats all I can say right now!!!